A. E. Arbusov Institute of Orgnic Chemistry KSC Kazan Scientific Center RAS, Russia
Affiliation and official address:
Head of the Chemistry Science,
A.E. Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry,
Federal Research Center “Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences”
Arbuzov str., 8
420088, Kazan, Russian Federation
2006 – Full Member of Russian Academy of Sciences (Academician of RAS)
2001 – Professor of Chemistry, Ministry of Education of Russian Federation
1997 – Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Sciences
1990 – Doctorate in Chemistry, Kazan State University
1981 – Diploma of Candidate of Chemistry (PhD), Kazan State University
1973-1978 Kazan State University, Kazan, USSR.
1978 – Diploma in Chemistry, Kazan State Universit
Career (positions and dates)
2021- to present time Head of the Chemistry Science, A.E. Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry, Kazan Research Center, Russian Academy of Sciences
2017-2021 Director, Federal Research Center “Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences”
2001-2017 Director, A.E. Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry, Kazan Scientific Center, Russian Academy of Sciences (IOPC KSC RAS)
1996-2018 Head of the Laboratory of Organometallic Synthesis, IOPC KSC RAS
1996-2001 Deputy Director, IOPC KSC RAS
1995-1996 Scientific Secretary, IOPC KSC RAS
1992-1995 Leading Researcher, IOPC KSC RAS
1986-1992 Senior Researcher, IOPC KSC RAS
1981-1986 Junior Researcher, IOPC KSC RAS
1978-1981 Post-graduate student, IOPC KSC RAS
2001-present Professor, Head of the Department of Organic Chemistry, Kazan State Technological University
2008-2017 Head of the Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences
2020- present Deputy Academic Secretary, Department of Chemistry and Materials Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences
(i) main field
Chemistry of organophosphorus compounds; synthesis, structure and properties of organometallic compounds; chemistry of fullerenes; electrochemical synthesis of organic and organoelemental compounds
(ii) other fields
Supramolecular chemistry; chemistry of natural compounds; chemistry of biologically active preparations for medicine, food industry and agriculture; chemistry of enantio-pure organic compounds; so called “green chemistry”
(iii) current research interest
Organic chemistry of phosphorus; molecular design of cyclic and macro-cyclic ligands containing phosphorus as the basis for synthesis of new types of organometallic and coordination compounds; development of electrochemical methods for activation and transformation of elemental (white) phosphorus; chemistry of fullerenes and their organic derivatives.
The most important scientific results
Fundamental research has been carried out in the field of synthesis, structure and reactivity of trivalent phosphorus compounds;
A new scientific direction has been developed – studying the processes of chemical and electrochemical activation and transformation of elemental (white) phosphorus;
A significant contribution to the organic chemistry of fullerenes has been made.
“The Best Manager of Russian Academy of Sciences” (2001); “Distinguished Man in Science of the Republic of Tatarstan” (2006); Laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Tatarstan in the Field of Science and Technic (2007).The Leader of the Year in the Republic of Tatarstan (2012); Honorable Professor of Saint-Petersburg State University (2014); Medal “In Memory of Prof. A.N. Kost” for Achievement in the Field of Heterocyclic Compounds (2014); Prize named after A.N. Nesmeyanov of the Russian Acadeny of Sciences (2016), LXXIII Mendeleev’s Lector for the Great Contribution into Science (2017), Medal “In Memory of Vladimir Markovnikov” (2018), Prize named after L.A. Chugaev (2018), International Prize in the Organophosphorus Chemistry Field (2019).
Fellowships Member of the Editorial Board, J. Mendeleev Communications (since1997); Member of the Editorial Board, J. Heteroatom Chemistry (since 2004); Member of the Awarding Committee on the International Arbuzov Prize in the Organophosphorus Compounds Field (since 1997) and Vice-Chairman (since 2013); Member of the Advisory Committee on Awards of the Russian Federation Government in the Science and Technology Field (since 1998); Vice-Chairman of the Scientific Council on Organic and Organoelemental Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (since 2000); Member of the Public Chamber of the Republic of Taratstan (since 2006); Member of the Steering Committee of International Conference of Phosphorus Chemistry (since 2014).
Membership of Professional Societies
Member of the Mendeleev Russian Chemical Society (since 1978) and Member of its Directorate (since 1998); Member of the American Chemical Society (since 2003 to 2019); Member of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (since 2004).
Total number of publications is more 800, including 4 monographs as well 46 patents. Hirsch index 35.
List of some publications:
1. Pudovik A.N., Batyeva E.S., Sinyashin O.G. Thioderivatives of the trivalent phosphorus acids. Moscow: Nauka, 1990. – 176 p.
2. Dmitry Yakhvarov, Pierluigi Barbaro, Luca Gonsalvi, Sonia Manas Carpio, Stefano Midollini, Annabella Orlandini, Maurizio Peruzzini, Oleg Sinyashin, Fabrizio Zanobini. A snapshot of P4 tetrahedron opening: Rh- and Ir-mediated activation of white phosphorus // Angewandte Chemie International Edition (2006), 45(25), P. 4182-4185.
3. Budnikova, Yulia H.; Yakhvarov, Dmitry G.; Sinyashin, Oleg G. Electrocatalytic eco-efficient functionalization of white phosphorus // Journal of Organometallic Chemistry (2005), 690(10), P. 2416-2425.
4. O.G.Sinyashin. Guest Editorial: Main Group of Chemistry in Russia // Journal of Heteroatom Chemistry. Vol.17. N 6. P.461-463.
5. Spiridonova Julia S., Andrey A. Karasik, Oleg G. Sinyashin. The First Example of Diazadiphosphacyclooctanes with Bicyclic Substituents // Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements. – 2011. – V.186. – N 4. – P.764 — 765
6. Yakhvarov Dmitry, Maria Caporali, Luca Gonsalvi, Shamil Latypov, Vincenzo Mirabello, Ildar Rizvanov, Oleg Sinyashin, Piero Stoppioni, Maurizio Peruzzini. Experimental evidence of phosphine oxide generation in solution and trapping by ruthenium complexes.// Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2011, 50 (23), 5370-5373 (Angewandte Chemie, 2011, 123 (23), 5482-5485).
7. Caporali M., Gonsalvi L., Kagirov R., Mirabello V., Peruzzini M., Sinyashin O., Yakhvarov D. The first water-soluble tetraphosphorus ruthenium complex. Synthesis, characterization and kinetic study of its hydrolysis // Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 2012. 714. 67-73. IF2,384
8. Yakhvarov D.G., E.V.Gorbachuk, O.G.Sinyashin. Electrode reactions of elemental (white) phosphorus and phosphane PH3 // European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2013, 4709-4726.
9. Yakhvarov D.G., Khusnuriyalova A.F., Sinyashin O.G. Electrochemical synthesis and properties of organonickel σ-complexes// Organometallics, 2014, 33, 4574−4589.
10. Naumov R.N., Musina E.I., Kanunnikov K.B., Fesenko T.I., Krivolapov D.B., Litvinov I.A., Lönnecke P., Hey-Hawkins E., Karasik, A.A. Sinyashin O.G. Alternating stereoselective self-assembly of SSSS/RRRR or RSSR isomers of tetrakisphosphines in the row of 14-, 16-, 18- and 20-membered macrocycles // Dalton Transactions – Volume 43, Issue 33, 7 September 2014, Pages 12784-12789.
11. Vakhonina T.A , Balakina M.Y. , Nazmieva G.N., Ivanova N.V., Kurmaz S.V.,Kochnev I.S., Bubnova M.L., Perepelitsina E.O., Smirnov N.N., Yakimansky A.V., Sinyashin O.G. Synthesis and nonlinear optical properties of branched copolymers with covalently attached azochromophores // European Polymer Journal – 2014. – 50 (1) – pp.158–167.
12. Sinyashin O.G., Musina E.I., Karasik A.A., Nikonov G.N. Heterocyclic Phosphines with P-C-X Fragments (X=O, N, P) //In E.F.V. Scriven, and C.A. Ramsden, editors: Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Academic Press (2015), Chapter two, pp. 83–130.
13. Fesenko, T.I., Musina, E.I., Karasik, A.A., Sinyashin, O.G. Cu(I) Complexes of 14-membered cyclic tetraphosphines // Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements. –2015. –Vol.190. –N.5-6. –P.729-732.
14. Heinicke J.W., Lach J., Kockerling M., Paim G.J., Fomina O.S., Yakhvarov D.G., Sinyashin O.G. Phosphinoglycines – Synthesis, Structure and Reactivity // Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements. –2015. -Vol.190. -P.947-948.
15. Gaynanova G.A., Vagapova G.I., Valeeva F.G., Vasilieva E.A., Galkina I.V., Zakharova L.Ya., Sinyashin O.G. A novel supramolecular catalytic system based on amphiphilic triphenylphosphonium bromide for the hydrolysis of phosphorus acid esters // Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects. –2016. –Vol.489. -P.95-102.
16. Zakharova, L. Drug delivery mediated by confined nanosystems: structure-activity relations and factors responsible for the efficacy of formulations // L. Zakharova, T. Pashirova, R. Kashapov, D. Abdrakhmanov, O. Sinyashin // Nanostructure for drug delivery. A volume in Micro and Nano Technologies. Ser. “Micro and Nano Technologies”/ Eds. Andronescu, E., Grumezescu, A. – Amsterdam: Elsevier – Academic Press. – 2017. – Ch.24. – P. 749-806.
17. Khusnuriyalova A.F., Petr A., Gubaidullin A.T., Sukhov A.V., Morozov V.I., Büchner B., Kataev V., Sinyashin O.G., Yakhvarov D.G. Electrochemical generation and observation by magnetic resonance of superparamagnetic cobalt nanoparticles // Electrochim. Acta. – 2018. – Vol. 260. – P. 324–329.
18. Mirgorodskaya A.B., Kushnazarova R. A., Lukashenko S.S., Voloshina A.D., Lenina O.A., Zakharova L.Ya., Sinyashin O.G. Carbamate-bearing surfactants: micellization, solubilization and biological activity // J. Mol. Liq. – 2018. – Vol. 269. – P. 203-210.
19. Mukhametshina A., Petrov A., Fedorenko S., Petrov K., Nizameev I., Mustafina A., Sinyashin O. Luminescent nanoparticles for rapid monitoring of endogenous acetylcholine release in mice atria // Luminescence. – 2018. – Vol. 33. – Is. 3. – P. 588-593.
20. Balueva A.S., Musina E.I., Nikolaeva Yu.A., Karasik A.A., Sinyashin O.G. Complexes of phosphorus-containing cyclophanes and cryptands with metals, anions, and organic substrates // Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry. – 2019. – Vol. 55, Is. 11. – P. 1642–1660. DOI: 10.1134/S1070428019110022
21. Gazizov A.S., Smolobochkin A.V., Turmanov R.A., Pudovik M.A., Burilov A.R., Sinyashin O.G. Synthesis of phosphaproline derivatives: a short overview // Synthesis. – 2019. – Vol. 51, Is. 18. – P. 3397-3409. DOI: 10.1055/s-0037-161189
22. Shekurov R., Khrizanforov M., Gerasimova T., Yamaleeva Z., Lakomkina A., Bezkishko I., Kononov A., Sinyashin O., Budnikova Y., Kataeva O., Miluykov V., Ivshin K. Electrochemical Properties and Structure of Multi-Ferrocenyl Phosphorus Thioesters // Molecules. – 2020. – Vol. 25. – № 4. – Art. № 939. DOI: 10.3390/molecules25040939
23. Bochkova O., Khrizanforov M., Gubaidullin A., Gerasimova T., Nizameev I., Kholin K., Laskin A., Budnikova Yu., Sinyashin O., Mustafina A. Synthetic Tuning of Co-II-Doped Silica Nanoarchitecture Towards Electrochemical Sensing Ability // Nanomaterials. – 2020. – Vol. 10. – № 7. – Art. № 1338. DOI: 10.3390/nano10071338