LCC UPR CNRS 8241, Toulouse, France
– Professor at the University of Toulouse, Toulouse 3-Paul Sabatier (UT3): since 1998.
– Research group at LCC, National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS): since 1998.
– Research outpost at Huaqiao University (HQU), Xiamen, China (with Prof. Xiuling Cui): since 2015.
Education and career (until 1998)
– 1993-1998: CNRS Research Associate at LCC. Sept. 1996: Habilitation, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse.
– 1990-1993: R & D engineer in the Roussel-Uclaf Co, Romainville (France).
– 1990: post-doctoral fellow with Prof. A. Vasella, Zürich Universität (Switzerland).
– 1989-1990: post-doctoral fellow with Prof. B. Sharpless, M.I.T., Cambridge (MA, USA).
– 1986-1988: Master and Ph.D., supervisor: Prof. H. Kagan, Paris XI University, Orsay (France).
– July 1985: Chemist engineer degree from ENSIC, Nancy, + 3rd year at ENSCP, Paris (France).
Research themes and achievements
– Main research axes. (i) Organic chemistry for physics: carbo-benzenes with optical, electrical, mesogenic properties. (ii) Organic chemistry for biology: antitumor & antibacterial alkynylcarbinols. (iii) Coordination chemistry for catalysis: polar phospho-carbon ligands. (iv) Theoretical chemistry: chemical bonding analysis.
– 201 peer-reviewed publications (73 since 2015), 6 proceedings, 5 book chapters, 6 patents.
– 147 invited lectures and seminars (45 since 2015), 10 oral communications, 20 posters.
– 26 Ph.D. (co-)supervisions (14 defenses since 2010). • 102 participations to Ph.D. and Habilitation boards.
– Medal of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NASU), 2019 centennial, 2019.
– Doctor Honoris Causa of Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University (DonNU), Vinnytsia, Ukraine, 2019.
– Doctor Honoris Causa of the NASU Institute for Single Crystals, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2019.
– Award of the High-end Foreign Experts Recruitment Program, Xiamen, China, 2016.
– Medal of the University of Rennes (Sigillum Universitatis Redonensis), Rennes, France, 2015
– Doctor Honoris Causa of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev (KNU), Ukraine, 2015.
– French Premium of Scientific Excellence: in continuity since 1998 (rating: top 20% since 2006).
– French coordinator of a French-Taiwanese collaborative research project (ANR-MOST PRCI): since 2018.
– Member of a French-Brazilian research-exchange program (CAPES-COFECUB): since 2018.
– French coordinator for a French-Chinese Cooperation Agreement between HQU and UT3: since 2017.
– Member of a French research consortium in phosphorus chemistry (CNRS GDR): since 2017.
– French leader of a French-Ukrainian research consortium (CNRS GDRI) : 2008-2016.
– French leader of a French-Moroccan research-exchange program (PHC): 2009-2014.
– Member of a French-Mexican Joint International Laboratory (CNRS LIA): since 2012.
– Member of a French-Polish Joint European Laboratory (CNRS LEA): 2001-2008.
– Journal boards: Inorg. Chem. Indian J. & Chem. Indian J. 2006-, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2009-18, Curr. Inorg. Chem. 2011-18, Fr.-Ukr. J. Chem. 2013-, Chin. Chem. Lett. 2017-, Bull. V. Stus Donetsk Nat. Univ. 2018-, Rev. Chim. 2020-
– Associate Editor: Fr.-Ukr. J. Chem. (and co-founder, since 2013), Chin. Chem. Lett. (for Europe, since 2020).
– Conference advisory boards: International Symposium on Novel Aromatic Compounds (ISNA): since 2004; International Conferences on Phosphorus Chemistry (ICPC): since 2014.
– Conference organization: International Conference in Chemistry Toulouse-Kiev: 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019.
– Evaluation for institutions and agencies: 1-4/year in France, Spain, Romania, Switzerland, Canada, Hungary.
– Member of the Committee for French Terminology in Chemistry and Material Sciences: since 2015.
– Teaching, recently at the UT3 (Toulouse), HQU (Xiamen, China), National Autonomous University of Mexico (Mexico City), KNU (Kyiv, Ukraine), DonNU (Vinnytsia, Ukraine), Federal University of Ceara (Fortaleza, Brazil).